Invitation

Invitation

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thankful

This blog is about Rob and I's wedding, and it's been 39 days since our engagement. We've been a good team and knocking work items down swiftly and decisively. Through this process, other than the excitement of getting marry, I've also learned a thing or two about myself and my wonderful fiance. I also learn that I have so much to be thankful for. To spare your time, I've summed it up to the 4 things below:

1. My daughters - Their big job that they do so naturally well was just to be there. I'm just happy that I have them with me. A lot of times, though not physically here because they live with their dad, little gesture they made that I noticed really warmed my heart. Like clearing out their schedule to go dress shopping with me. It sounds crazy, they have so much homework, it's unbelievable.
2. My friends - The outpouring support and well wishes from my friends make me understand that all these years being here in America without my family around, I actually have a great big family right here in the US.
3. Rob's family - I was very nervous in the beginning, I wasn't sure if I would fit in, I wasn't sure how they feel about me. Just like Rob, I don't think they have any expectations of me. I can just be myself, and I really feel like they take me in with open arms.
4. Rob - Love of my life. Through years of going through and struggling with life, I have forgotten at one point, I really had a list of attributes I would want in the man whom I would share my life with. When Rob and I started dating, these qualities I once wanted starting to appear again right in front of me.

I thought about being 43 years old, I'll turn 44 next year, one step closer to mid 40's but there is nothing to be afraid of or worry about anymore. Next year this time, Rob and I will be married and we are starting our lives together, we are counting from 1 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment