Invitation

Invitation

Monday, September 27, 2010

Tending to the Details -getting Rob 's house ready to sell!

As you can tell by now, we are getting our wedding planning done in lightening speed. We have everything on the list, now it's time to actually tend to the list. 


This week, we met with our realtor so that he could give us tips on what to improve/fix for Rob's house to be on the market. Nik, my realtor, was great. He's sold 2 places and found 2 places for me. If you need good realtor, I'll give you his info.  I was a bit worried because the first time I went to Rob's house, my GPS took me to a wrong house. I didn't think Nik could find the house. But he sure was a professional. He showed up fashionably 3 minutes early. Rob was unloading my bike from my car as he pulled in. 

A quick tour was in order. Rob's bathroom and  kitchen were beautifully remodeled. There were just minor details we needed to tend to upstairs as we expected. Downstairs was what we worried about. Good  news was, after meeting with him, we realized that we didn't need to do a few things we planned on doing in the basement, or just needed to do a water down version of what we planned. That's good! But then, we also found out that the market was a bit worse than we thought. Fortunately, our price point wasn't the same as our competition, ours was lower, so that might give us an edge. Ours was more affordable for sure. So we planned on getting things done and put it on the market mid-Jan. Rob had a lot of experience with home improvement, he knew that there were many dependencies so he's not as optimistic about the Jan timeframe than I was. I knew it would happen on time. I just somehow knew.


 I think getting his house ready to sell might be the biggest test of our relationship thus far. Life will throw many things at us but we'll be ok. I think we are seasoned (old?) enough to figure things out. We've talked about work items and timeline, etc. We are petty much in agreement. So this is one of the interesting item that's worth for everybody to follow. Let's see if we make it with laughter Or anger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment